Blog Journal #5

·       A paragraph about your early experiences using Twitter(X)/Instagram for your Personal Learning Network. - So far I have used Instagram as my Personal Learning Network and it has worked out pretty well for me. Because it is a platform that I am consistently using throughout the day/week, being able to just scroll upon posts from the “teacher influencers” I followed and just observe their lessons or whatever content they have been posting is nice because it just gives me ideas for my future class. I haven’t actually interacted with anyone, but I have just been really paying attention to their posts when they pop up on my feed. This will be good for my future classroom as well because I can just go on social media if I ever need inspiration on décor, activities, lessons, etc., on a commonly used network rather than having to go out of my way to look up ideas on the internet. 

 

·       A paragraph about the digital divide. – The digital divide affects students in schools because now a days, probably around 75% of work is done online both in and out of the classroom. When students don’t have the technology needed to work, it can be easy for them to fall behind due to the lack of resources. The main cause of the digital divide is lack of funding/financial issues, whether it is a school issue or an individual issue. Depending on what type of community I teach in, it is very possible that I will experience having both more and less fortunate students at some point, which is why at the beginning of the year I will take a survey amongst my students and their parents to see which students have reliable technology sources, and if they don’t then I will work with them over the course of the year to ensure they are getting the same information and opportunities to complete activities as everyone else with technology does. 

 

·       A paragraph about academic software for students.– Two different academic software's I think I would like to implement into my classroom would be Edmodo and Google Classroom. These are both ways to keep track of students work as well as their overall achievements in class to monitor their accuracy and understanding. I used both of these growing up and they were super helpful in keeping me on top of things as well as in good communication with my teacher. Having software that isn’t too hard to use for students is important especially when you are asking them to use it on their own time. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #8

Blog Journal #2

Blog Journal #3