Blog Journal #4

·       A paragraph about the ELA technology standards: The standard I chose from this list is “Computer Science- Personal, Community, Global, and Ethical Impact” through grades K-2. This standard highlights the importance of how to properly shut down/log out of your stuff on a computer, the importance of a password to protect everything in your files, how technology is important in the workforce, and how important it is to be aware of everything that goes on online and making sure everyone is being respectful of their peers when using technology. I do think I feel prepared to implement this skill set when I become a teacher because these are pretty basic skills to teach and I know how to work with technology when teaching these things. On top of that, I know how to be a good digital citizen- knowing how to decipher what to and what not to post, keeping some of my files private, reporting cyberbullying if necessary, etc., so I believe I will be able to teach these principles to my future students. 

 

·       A paragraph about one of the resources or tools in the CPALMSLinks to an external site. Educator Toolkit. – After visiting the Educator Toolkit for the 2nd grade mathematics tools, I can tell that these could be super helpful to pull from as a teacher. Obviously you would have to be very careful with the copyright rules, but after looking at these lesson plans, you could just kind of use the same idea but make your own worksheets in order to teach a certain lesson/get through the appropriate curriculum. The fact that this website gives these resources for not only more than one grade level, but also more than one subject per grade level is incredible. This gives a HUGE variety for teachers to brainstorm off of which is sometimes what they might need when they’re stuck- they don’t necessarily need pre-made worksheets and everything handed to them to complete a lesson, they just need some pointers which is exactly what this website can give. 

 

·       A paragraph about Internet searching.– I think it is very important to be skilled in Internet searching as a teacher, especially in today’s times where you use it for a wide variety things, ranging from searching up worksheets to print, to pulling up activities or lessons on the smartboard for the class to look at. Out of the internet skills introduced this week, I think the one that will be most useful for me is the Google advanced search. While I’m looking for certain pictures on the internet, being able to filter it down will be super helpful to get what I need. One internet searching skill that wasn’t introduced to me this week but I have known about is the “Command+F” tool, where it gives you the ability to search a page for certain words or phrases. This is helpful for websites such as quizlet where I might be looking for one specific question and there are 55 total questions on the page, because this will help me get right to what I need. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #8

Blog Journal #2

Blog Journal #3